The long-awaited new product from Axiomtek was announced. GOT-317B-ADL-TRD is a fanless panel computer which supports 12th generation Intel Core i Alder Lake CPUs!
The new panel computer GOT-317B-ADL-TRD is a “classic” successor to previous models of panel computers of the GOT series. We use the word “classic” meaning that is maintains the overall appearance, primarily the design of the chassis, but changing the hardware and main computing unit of the new model. Let's have a look at the key distinctive features of the new product:
- Support for 12th generation Intel Alder Lake processors. The main feature of Intel Alder Lake CPUs is their new architecture, that is, split into two types of cores, and performance. In simple terms, in addition to a wide range of functions, these processors are quite “hot”, especially the older models. Because The panel computer is fanless and the main heat dissipation element is the rear panel heatsink, then support for Alder Lake processors is limited to models with a total TDP not exceeding 35W. To solve basic, non-labor-intensive tasks, these CPUs will be sufficient. Having an overclocking limitation, however, these processors retain all the functional and computing features of the 12th generation Intel Core i processors. Intel UHD Graphics 770 is also integrated.
- H610 chipset. Basic and necessary functionality of a computing device without any additional, advanced features.
- DDR4 3200MHz RAM. Supports installation of one 260-pin SO-DIMM module with max capacity of 32GB.
- 2.5” SSD/HDD storage bay. One drive with a thickness of no more than 9.5 mm can be installed.
- I/O ports. A basic set of I/O interfaces for every need:
- Expansion slots. GOT-317B-ADL-TRD has two expansion slots: M.2 key E type 2230 with support for PCIe x1 and USB 2.0, and Mini PCIe (USB+PCIe signal).
- Chassis and design. Full aluminum housing with IP65 protection on the front panel. Dimensions (WxHxD): 398 x 330.4 x 77.5 mm. Weight of the new model (gross/net) is 11 kg/7.36 kg. Supported mounting types: panel (mounting brackets included by default) and VESA 100.
- Touchscreen. 5-wire resistive touchscreen.
- Power requirements. A 5-pin terminal block is used to connect the power supply. Voltage range from 12V to 24V DC is supported. AC-DC power adapter, if necessary, must be ordered separately.
- Operational temperature. Supported operating temperature from -10°C to 50°C. The use of the new product in conditions of negative temperatures is allowed only if the appropriate components are installed, which means RAM and storage device must also support operation at sub-zero temperatures.
The new generation of GOT series panel computers based on Intel Core i Alder Lake processors is getting closer and closer to users. The release of the new GOT-317B-ADL-TRD is expected before the end of this year. Great expectations are associated with next year, because GOT-317B-ADL-TRD is just the first new product on a modern and up-to-date computing base.