Axiomtek, one of the market leaders in reliable industrial solutions, has introduced a new compact fanless computer designed for use in vehicles and named tBOX110-APL-TV.
The new tBOX110-APL-TV computer is based on the Intel SoC chipset and equipped with an Intel Atom E3940 processor codenamed Apollo Lake, TDP 9.5W. There is one SO-DIMM DDR3L slot for up to 8GB RAM.
There are two mini PCI Express expansion slots (2x Full-size) in tBOX110-APL-TV computer:
- mini PCI Express Full-size slot for 3G\LTE communication modules
- mini PCI Express Full-size combined slot for installing 3G\LTE communication modules or mSATA drives
Storage options are:
- one 2.5” SATA bay for HDD or SSD
- one mini PCI Express slot (1x Full-size combined) supporting mSATA drives up to 1 Terabyte
The new tBOX110-APL-TV can work with two independent 3G\LTE communication modules at once (2 independent SIM cards). The modules are installed in mini PCI Express Full-size slots on the motherboard, one of which is combined and designed for both a 3G \ LTE modem and an mSATA SSD drive.
In addition to connecting to 3G\LTE networks, the new tBOX110-APL-TV PC is capable of working in wireless networks WI-FI. To realize this possibility, a communication module (802.11AC+BT) is installed in any free mini PCI Express slot, and up to two external antennas are output through the holes in the front panel of the case. There are four holes in total.
The appearance of the front and back of the tBOX110-APL-TV computer
There are the following interfaces on the cassis of the tBOX110-APL-TV:
- two RJ-45 LAN connectors (Intel i210-IT controller)
- two USB 3.0 (USB-A) ports for connecting peripherals
- two HDMI version 1.4b with screw cable fixation, for outputting 2K / 4K resolution images at 60 Hz
- four sockets for external communication antennas
- protected power connector with control input for connection to the car ignition system with DC support from 12 to 24V
- terminal block for two COM ports (2 x RS-232/422/485 with shield ground)
- terminal block for two CAN ports (2 x CANBus)
- DB9 (F) DIO connector (4-in/4-out)
- two audio connectors DC Jack 3.5 (microphone and line out)
Also, on the front panel there is a connector for a remote on/off button.
Another key feature of the Axiomtek transport computer tBOX110-APL-TV is the presence of the "Smart Ignition" system, that is, the PC can be switched on and off by applying voltage to the "control plus" of the power connector.
This function allows you to control the power supply of the computer through the ignition switch (ACC), protect the vehicle battery from discharge and control its voltage.
- Intel Atom E3940 processor (four cores)
- RAM: 1x DDR3L-1866 SO-DIMM up to 8 GB.
- 2x USB 3.0
- 2x RS232/422/485 (terminal block)
- 2x CANBus (terminal block)
- 2x mini PCI-Express
- 2x HDMI 1.4b
- 1x DIO 4-in/4-out
- 2x Ethernet ports
- Wide temperature range from -40oC to +70oC
- Power supply 12V or 24V DC
- Wall mounting
- 164.1mm (W) x 128mm (D) x 44.1mm (excluding wall mount)